GEBHARDT History

1952

Foundation of GEBHARDT Maschinenbau in Berwangen by Richard and Elfriede Gebhardt. Production primarily focused on conveyor devices for bulk goods.

 1957

Relocation to own new premises in Berwangen. Series production of mobile bulk goods conveyors under the registered trade name "Favorit" and bulk goods conveyors and loading belts under the trade name "Express".

1964

Conversion of the company into GEBHARDT Fördertechnik GmbH, as well as development of the automatic coal bagging machine "Favorit Absackblitz" (patented). This machine developed into a massive sales success and was produced 1000 times.

1966

Due to the inventive activities of Richard Gebhardt (numerous patents) the commercial areas expand considerably. The construction of complete conveyor systems began. It was possible to acquire significant customers.

1977

Elfriede Gebhardt took over the management and led the company on with great commitment. During the years that follow the company GEBHARDT Fördertechnik developed into a leading company in the material flow sector.

1986

In the Sinsheim factory (relocation in 1966) the production area was expanded over a number of development phases from 2000 m² to 12000 m². Here, our personnel work with most modern technical equipment. GEBHARDT Fördertechnik became a global supplier of complete systems for internal logistics.

2002

GEBHARDT guarantees a comprehensive service range, beginning with consultancy, rough planning, project management, realisation, control, warehouse management and maintenance/service. All GEBHARDT products comply with the EC Machinery Directive. GEBHARDT is certified in accordance with ISO 9001.

2004

The employees, machinery and the car pool at the production site in Berwangen relocated to Sinsheim due to a consolidation of the production site in Berwangen with GEBHARDT Fördertechnik in Sinsheim.

2007

GEBHARDT Fördertechnik took over the personnel and assets - in particular the products, technology, software and know-how - of the Sandt-Logistik GmbH. The primary aim is to protect the investments of customers and secure employment positions, so that the Pirmasens site remains intact in the form of a GEBHARDT branch. The product lines are continued under the GEBHARDT logo.

2010

Opening of a new production and dispatch hall in the Sinsheim factory. This results to an expanding from 2500 m² to a total of 14500 m² in the production area.

2016

 

Another hall is being built - it will be the new warehouse at GEBHARDT. The technology installed there includes pallet conveyor technology, shuttle technology (OLPS, MLS, OLS) and a miniload (Cheetah). The relocation of the warehouse in this new hall creates new areas in the remaining halls.

2017

Construction of the new GEBHARDT office building in Sinsheim. The 4-storeyed building offers further 70 modern workplaces in the future.